Monday, November 24, 2008

You are eaten by a gru

and by you I mean me and by gru I mean Clinic and MicroPs.

On a quick note, there's a few addendums to some prior posts.

1) Scripps is a woman's college. K-12 girls do not attend a school across the street. And if they did, saying this was a good thing might be misinterpreted as me promoting pedophilia, which I happen to not support.

2) On Nov 1, I made a few statements on diversity. To clarify, I was merely targeting diversity purely for diversity sake. Diversity is overall a very good thing. It's when groups put diversity as a priority over things like general well being or performance that it gets a little hazy. I for one am not an avid fan of affirmative action (AA) since it can actually hurt the people it tries to help. With AA, people tend to second guess if they made it in on merit or simply because there was a quota to fill. On the other hand, disadvantaged groups should get compensation. As I said, it gets hazy, and while I don't love AA, I don't hate it either.

3) 35% of the incoming class came from California. That's right, Cali people are the minority. I'm a minority by home town AND race! wooooo! Now if only that meant more financial aid....

That's all for now. Stay safe and have fun.

No comments: